Friday, August 21, 2009

Virginia Wood's Art is Featured at Smith Galleries

Smith Galleries is featuring the art of Virginia Wood as part of a special exhibition at the gallery. See slide show of entire exhibition.

Pictured is a original oil & pastel painting measuring 16" x 18".

Virginia Wood loves the lyrical nature of her work.

"Music is very important to me and it influences the way I create. My art is visual music and I build the pieces stroke by stroke the way a song is built note by note. Whether I'm working alone or in a busy studio I simply get into a composition and then flow with it."

Wood is also fascinated by the subtle shifts in form within a kaleidoscope and often imitates the effect with her pastels and monoprints.

Smith Galleries is open from 10-6 Monday through Saturday. Join our E-Club, you'll be glad you did! And be sure to ask about our new Rewards Program the next time you are in the gallery. 800.272.3870

No comments: